HOW CAN YOU HELP?
If you are convinced of the merits of this project, you may consider helping us in one of many ways:
I. SPONSOR A STUDENT:
There are many young and talented musicians, who cannot attend our courses because of the costs (travel expenses, sleeping accommodations, course fees). Your contribution could give them this opportunity.
II. SPONSOR AN INSTRUMENT:
We have a list of instruments on the market which would, in our opinion, compliment and enhance the present collections. We also help young soloists obtain use of a fine instrument from private collections, particularly for competitions, recordings, tours. We can help you find and acquire a fine instrument and we can also suggest a young and talented soloist to you, who merits the use of such an instrument. In this way, your money, safely invested in an object which will retain and indeed with time substantially increase* its value, could help a young artist in his carreer, particularly at the crucial stage of initiation of his professional life. A good deed at essentially no cost to you!
* Investing in musical instruments is highly recommended. The prices of quality string instruments has risen astronomically, in fact, much more than gold and such. The market trends parallel those of fine painting, for instance.
1. Musical instruments
2. Paintings with musical instruments or scenes of music-making
3. Books, periodicals, printed music for our library
4. Furniture and decorations associated with these musical instruments (music stands, period furniture...)
5. Financial sponsoring and donations for the purchase of instruments
IV. ESTABLISHING A SCHOLARSHIP FUND:
2. Performance practice research
3. Musical instrument restoration and organological research
A fund to give financial assistance to highly qualified applicants for each of these disciplines of study.
Information about the eligibility for tax-deduction on your contributions in your country of residence is available.
The Orpheon Record Club
Viewed as one of our fundamental tasks, the documentation of the instruments in the collections and their cultural heritage in the forms of recordings on cd, books with cd and videos are being issued. As a subscriber to the series you receive a discount of 30% on all recordings. This discount will be granted on all museum publications. To become a subscriber and to receive complete information about our recording projects contact us.
HELP YOUR FRIEND FIND HIS INSTRUMENT ?